ITI COPA is one of the most demanded courses nowadays. As, almost every organization requires computer operators because everything is becoming automatic, so the demand for computer operators is increasing day by day.
ITI COPA full form
ITI stands for Industrial Training Institute.
And COPA stands for Computer Operator & Programming Assistant.
What is ITI COPA ?
ITI COPA is a computer-related course. In this course, you will get basic information related to computer like browsing the internet, connecting to a network, sending an email, and so on.
It is a short term vocational course in which you are provided with industry specific skills.
Benefits of ITI COPA
- The fee for ITI is very less in government colleges.
- The chance of getting a job is very high becuase nowadays every industry demands computer operators because everything is moving online.
- In this trade, growth is very high.
- Course Duration is small as compared to the degree or graduation programs.
The duration of ITI COPA is of 1 year.
If you are doing this course from NCVT then there are 2 semesters. Each Semester is of 6 months.
But if you are doing this course from SCVT then the course is complete of 1 year i.e there is only one exam after the completion of the course.
Students who want to pursue this course should be at least 10th pass.
The student age limit for ITI COPA is 14 years to 40 years. But if he/she belongs to SC/ST/OBC then there is a relaxation of 3 years.
ITI course fee varies from one state to another. It also depends upon whether the college is Private or Government. Like the approximate fee in Government Colleges is – ₹2000 to ₹3000 and the approximate fee in Private College is up to ₹30,000.
What you learn in ITI COPA
In this course, you will learn various basic functionalities of computer like:-
- Computer Fundamentals
- Uses of Tally
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Browsing and so on.
Syllabus Of ITI COPA
ITI COPA course is divided into 3 subjects:-
- Employment Skills
- Trade Theory
- Trade Practical
Some topics that you will study in 1st semester of ITI COPA
|Trade Theory||Theoretical knowledge regarding computers like history, generation, etc. Knowledge regarding different Linux Operating systems, knowledge regarding DBMS, Internet Concepts, and so on.|
|Trade Practical||Computer Components, Computer hardware, software Installation, Practical knowledge on DOS CLI and Linux Operating System like commands, etc, Using Spread Sheet Application, Image Editing, Database Management, Internet Concepts, and so on.|
|Employment Skills||English Literacy, Communication skills, I.T Literacy, etc|
Some topics that you will learn in the 2nd semester of ITI COPA
|Employment Skills||Entrepreneurship skills, Communication skills, Environment Education, Labour Welfare Legislation, and so on.|
- National Council Vocational Training (NCVT) – When you pursue an ITI course from a national-level government college then you get an NCVT certificate. NCVT is much better than the SCVT certificate.
- State Council Vocational Training(SCVT) – When you pursue an ITI course from a state-level government college then you get an SCVT certificate.
After completing this course you can do Apprentice Training. Apprentice Training is very helpful in building your practical skills. Every student should consider doing this Training.
Few Benefits of Apprentice Training
- You will get practical knowledge.
- You will get experience of working in the industry.
- After completing Apprentice Training you get NAC(National Apprenticeship Certificate) certificate that plays a very important role in Job interviews.
- During apprentice training, you can also earn a stipend of up to ₹10,000 per month.
- It is always recommended that you do an Apprentice Training from a good company like BHEL, Indian Oil, ONGC, HPCL, Railways, and so on, for maximum benefits.
Career Options & Job Opportunities After ITI COPA
There are a lot of career opportunities after ITI COPA like you can do the private jobs, government job, can start your own business, or can go for higher studies.
Job Profiles After ITI COPA
- Assistant Programmer
- Computer Trainer
- Database Management
- Data Entry
- Computer Operator
- System Administration
In the following Organizations you can find jobs after ITI COPA:-
- Indian Oil
- DRDO and so on.
Higher Study Option
There are many higher study options, few of them are:-
- Polytechnic and so on.
Salary After ITI COPA
The salary varies from company to company. But as a fresher, you can expect approximately ₹8,000 – ₹15,000 per month
ITI COPA is a computer-related course. In this course, you will get basic information related to computer like browsing the internet, connecting to a network, sending an email, and so on. It is one of the most popular courses among the students.
COPA in ITI stands for Computer Operator & Programming Assistant.
Salary depends on many factors like your skills, experience, company, whether your organization is public or private, and so on.
But as a fresher, after ITI you can expect approximately ₹8,000 – ₹15,000 per month.
If you want a job as soon as possible then ITI courses are best for you because in these courses you are given practical knowledge that is required in industries. There are many benefits of ITI courses like these can be completed in a short period of time, with less fee, and you always have the option to go for higher studies.