Did it ever happen to you that you wanted to study, but you weren’t able to study may be due to lack of concentration, focus, motivation, etc? Well, don’t worry, In this article, I am going to tell you some ways by which you can motivate yourself to study.
Becuase motivation to study is very important if you actually want to learn and grow in your life.
Read the below-mentioned tricks to motivate yourself to study with full concentration and get amazing results.
1. Remember how you going to make your parents proud
Whenever you don’t feel like studying, one of the best things to motivate yourself to study is to remember your parents.
You can think:-
- How you will make your parents proud
- How their status in society increase
- They are spending their lot of money on your study. Many times even without fulfilling their own needs. So, you can’t let them down.
2. Think about your Goals
Many times we procrastinate the things because we forget the importance of it. So, to motivate yourself, you should remember “What are your goals” and “if you want to achieve it you have to study now.”
It is noticed that when we have our goals in your mind, we are much more motivated. So, try to remember your goals, your purpose of studying to get motivated.
3. Use the Pomodoro Technique
The Pomodoro Technique is an amazing technique that can improve your focus and productivity. By using this technique you will able to complete your tasks with full concentration.
How to Use the Pomodoro Technique:-
- Take a pen, paper, and a timer. Set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Start working on a task continuously for 25 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, put a checkmark on the paper
- Take a 5 minutes break.
- When your complete 4 Pomodoro, take a longer break like a 20-30 minute break.
This technique is very simple yet effective. By this, you will finish each day with a sense of accomplishment.
4. Change your habits
The best way to motivate yourself to study is by making studying your habit.
Because, if we make something our habit than we subconsciously follow it. For eg, we have a habit of brushing our teeth in the morning and just before going to bed. And if someday we miss this, we don’t feel good.
So, if you make studying your habit than subconsciously you will stick to it. And if any day, you decide to skip it, you wouldn’t feel good.
So, if you make studying your habit then there is no need for motivation.
5. Build discipline
Everything demands discipline. If you seriously want to study and want to get good grades then you need to be disciplined about it. Like if you decided a particular time to study, then you should stick to it. No matter how hard you want to watch television, want to talk to your friend or anything else.
To build discipline you can try out the following things:-
- Set clear goals
- Exercise regularly
- Don’t wait for the right time
6. Study in group
There are many advantages to studying in a group like:-
- If you study in a group then if you have any doubt then you can clear it instantly from your friends in your group. And in case, others have doubts, you can clear them if you know them. This gives you confidence in yourself and you become much more motivated to study.
- If you study in a group than you wouldn’t feel bored.
- You can share your notes or can use others’ notes.
But make sure that group is not too large otherwise it becomes a distraction.
Physical exercise is very important if you want to remain in the active state, the whole day.
Exercise gives you the following benefits:-
- It led to the release of happy hormones in your body, because of which you are much more excited and happy when you are studying
- Our body is not meant to sit the whole day. So, after studying for 2-3 hours, do some stretches. After this, you feel refreshed and can again continue to study with full concentration.
8. Make a time table
It’s always a good idea, to have a time table for your whole day. This way, you will know what exactly you have to do and at what time.
Many times we aren’t able to study because we waste our time in other things. But, if we have a time table then we know at what time we need to study and what time we need to relax.
What you should include in your time-table
- Exercise time
- Studying time
- Break time
- Duration of break and so on.
9. Decide deadlines
Deciding deadlines is very important. Because if we don’t decide deadlines then we will end up with:-
- Procrastinating things.
- Taking more time than required.
- Regretting, after taking more time.
Because of which we start lacking confidence, interest in the study. So, always decide declines for small as well as big tasks.
10. Reward yourself
When you start studying, it is possible that your exams are after a long period of time like after 2-3 months or more.
But, we humans need appreciation from time to time to remain motivated.
So, why wait for the others to appreciate us or for the exams. Start appreciating yourself by giving yourself some small rewards whenever you complete a deadline or a few deadlines. This way you will remain in sync of appreciation as well as studying.
11. Take short breaks
Taking breaks in between studying is always a good idea because it refreshes you, and you could study with much more concentration after that.
But your break shouldn’t be too long because it will put you again in the comfort zone and you wouldn’t feel like starting again.
In that break do whatever you want to do but I will suggest that you don’t use any gadgets at that time.
Instead, you can do the following activities:-
- Go out and get some fresh air
- Talk to your family members
- Some stretching and so on.
12. Start understanding the Concepts, do not cram it.
While studying make sure that you are understanding the concept not just cramping it. Because if you cram the thing then:-
- You actually didn’t able to learn anything.
- Cramming takes much more time than understanding the concepts.
- After some time, you will forget everything.
- If the question is changed slightly, you wouldn’t able to answer it.
13. Organize your studying environment
Make the environment around yourself like the one that motivates you to study. For eg:-
- Arrange the books on the table properly
- Put the books from which you are about to study on the top.
- Have a rough notebook and a pen always on your table.
- Have a chair near your table, avoid studying by sitting on the bed.
14. Surround yourself with the people who actually want to study
If you surround yourself with the people who actually want to study then it will have a positive impact on you.
By seeing the people like ourselves and their dedication to studying, we too become motivated to study.
As it is well said – “We are the average of five”, so surround yourself with the people who actually want to study.
15. Understand the importance of Education
When you understand the importance of the things that you are doing then you don’t need any kind of motivation, you will yourself be internally motivated to do that thing.
Similarly for education, once you realize what is the actual importance of education then you don’t need any kind of motivation from outside to study. Actually realizing the importance of education, internally motivate you to study.
There is too much importance of Education like:-
- Importance of Education in getting a job.
- Importance of education in making you aware of your surroundings.
- It’s important in making you survive in this Competitive world and so on.
16. Get rid of distractions
While studying make sure to get yourself away from all the distractions.
You should do the following to get away from distractions:-
- Close the TV
- Switch off the mobile phones.
- Sit in a quiet place where no people, no gadgets can disturb you.
This is important because it takes a lot of effort to make yourself totally focussed on the study. But these distractions in just a second can take away all your concentration.
17. If you aren’t able to study for a long time, Start with 15 minutes
Many people aren’t able to study for a long period of time with full concentration. Not only this human concentration span is also small. So, it’s obvious that you can lose concentration in a small period if you are just starting out. So, in the starting try to study with full concentration for at least 15 minutes. Then you can take a small break like 2 min break. If you are able to successfully focus on for 15 minutes, try to extend it to 30 minutes and so on.
18. just start
Many times it happens that we are not able to start at all. But if you actually want to study, you need to start right at this moment even if you are not feeling like studying. But once you start by forgetting all your procrastination, you will realize that “Yeah, you can do it and it’s not that bad that you were thinking”.
Actually starting is one of the hardest things, so don’t make it more complicated by thinking about it rather just start. Once you start doing, you will come to the synchronization of studying.
19. Make boring things interesting
Many students find studying boring because of which they lose all of their motivation to study. So, try to make boring things interesting, so that you can motivate yourself to study.
Few ways to make Studying interesting:-
- Taking breaks in between
- Rewarding yourself, if you are able to meet your deadlines.
- Trying different approaches to studying like studying in a group or learning things by writing and so on.
- Discussing your problems with others.
20. Make the journey your priority not the results
It usually happens that we focus on more grades, the amount of appreciation that we get from our teachers, and so on.
But if you really want to get success in your life then:-
- You should focus on understanding the concepts.
- Concentrate on understanding the real-life application of the concept that you are studying.
- Always be excited about the new thing that you going to learn.
If you want to be motivated for studying, the first thing you need to do is to start studying. After that, if you aren’t able to concentrate than there are many ways that can help you that I have explained above like The Pomodoro Technique, Exercising, By making tasks interesting and so on.
You may also like:-